Created by Boaters! for Boaters!
*Above: 26′ catamaran center console boat protected in Barnacle Barrier™
HOW IT WORKS
Barnacle Barrier™ is a low-profile floating water barrier. Our patent-pending system keeps your boat bottom free from debris & growth without lifting your boat out of the water! Keep your boat’s hull like new. Prevent Bottom Growth, and minimize Electrolysis while in the water! This new innovative system has become largely recognized and used in Australia as an effective portable antifouling alternative.
- Incredibly Easy To Use & Maintain
- Protects Hull & Drive System
- Works While Your Boat is Afloat!
- New & Innovative System
- Portable Antifouling Alternative
Barnacle Barrier™ uses a unique air-gate system that is raised & lowered to allow your boat to enter and exit the barrier with ease. Once your boat is inside Barnacle Barrier™ and the air-gate is raised to encapsulate your boat, the water in the barrier is now self contained. The water inside the closed Barnacle Barrier™ system now has no exposure to oxygenated, nutrient rich water that bottom growth needs to sustain life. The barrier also acts as a great insulator to electrolysis. Boats docked inside Barnacle Barrier™ have six (6) times less electrolysis!
HOW IT EXACTLY WORKS
There is x amount of bottom growth larvae floating in every x amount of sea water. This larvae is of barnacles, mussels, oysters, etc. This bottom growth larvae only survives and matures by having fresh oxygenated water that contains nutrients to feed on. The larvae attaches to just about everything in the water (dock pilings, boat hulls, drive components, rigging etc). Being Barnacle Barrier™ houses your boat in its own self contained pool of water, bottom growth can not sustain life after a couple of days. Another aspect is, bottom growth can only survive in salt water environments. While your boat is contained in the closed barrier, five minutes of fresh tap water is added to the barrier pool daily by a programmable fresh water garden hose timer. Tap water contains about 2 to 4 parts per million of chlorine, this minuet amount of chlorine is in tap water to keep it free from bacteria, algae, etc so it keeps water lines clean and is safe for drinking. This tap water keeps the self contained pool of water in the barrier free of algae that can form after a few weeks of sun exposure. If for any reason the self contained water pool begins to create algae from non existent fresh tap water etc, a small amount of chlorine can be added to quickly eliminate the algae 100%. Being chlorine evaporates from water rapidly, excess chlorine will not be released into the environment once the barrier is open after a day or two.
BOATERS LOVE THIS
- Keep your boat in the water without toxic and unsightly bottom paint
- Enjoy your boat without the hassle of an inconvenient & dangerous boat lift.
- Air-gate system gets your boat back in the water in seconds.
- Maintain natural floating state where your boat is most stable.
- Literally Maintenance Free!
- Hassle Free
- Reduce Electrolysis by 6 times!
- Prevent Bottom Growth!
Barnacle Barrier™ is simple to install and simple to up keep, yet is extremely powerful in completely guarding your boat from bottom growth, electrolysis, and water debris. Barnacles, bottom growth, and electrolysis can easily do irreversible permanent damage to your boat, drive unit, transducers, etc if your boat is left in the water for only 2 weeks or more. Barnacle Barrier™ protects your boat all day, every day! Works with any type of boat, Outboard, Inboard, Inboard/Outboard, Catamaran, Tri-Hull, Inflatable, Jet Drive, etc!
*Above: examples of what happens when boats are not protected by Barnacle Barrier™
Barnacle Barrier™ is made with materials that can last in saltwater for over 100 years! The distinct characteristics of the Barnacle Barrier™ bottom shield make this system effective in preventing bottom growth to form on your boat. Bottom growth will slowly form on the bottom side of the composite bottom shield instead of on the bottom of your boat. The bottom shields flexible properties make bottom growth on the shield limited. Barnacle Barrier™ Shields do not need underside cleaning. If any unsightly damage ever were to occur to the shield, the protective Barnacle Barrier™ bottom shield can be easily removed/replaced at boat side unlike any similar product on the market.
Barnacle Barrier™ Kevlar 29® Composite Bottom Shield Material Chemical Resistance Chart
WHAT ELSE DOES BARNACLE BARRIER™ DO?
- People usually don’t think when they clean their boat with chemicals, that they are killing the environment… Barnacle Barrier™ will contain all cleaning chemicals that are used when you clean your boat. If you wait 24 hours before opening the barrier, most of those chemicals will have been evaporated from the self contained water pool.
- Have you ever had a minor gas or oil spill while working on your boat in the water? Barnacle Barrier™ will contain any gas/oil spills that might be made from your boat so you can clean it up without hurting the environment.
- Don’t you hate it when debris in the water clings on to your boat? Barnacle Barrier™ will protect your shiny boat hull, trim unit, etc from any outside derbies, oil, slime etc from coming in contact with your boat.
- Have you ever dropped something in the water while your boat is docked, maybe sun glasses, tools, keys, etc? Not to worry! barnacle Barrier™ will catch those items so they can easily retrieve them!
Barnacle Barrier™ is designed from years of use, trial, and error. We wanted to create something that is unlike any existing boat bottom protecting system on the international market. Every system we could find world wide are inflatable, and mostly un serviceable. Barnacle Barrier™ is made with an extremely rugged construction, making it extremely effective and durable in marine environments. Barnacle Barrier™ is easy to service, construct, and dis-assemble. Durability, Longevity, Easy to Service, Low Cost, and Functionality are what you can expect when using Barnacle Barrier™!
Why Barnacle Barrier™?
- Low profile
- Mostly made of simple solid materials that can last 100+ years in salt water
- Bottom shield can be replaced in the water while your boat is inside it
- Short ordering/shipping lead time
Why not other similar systems?
- Fat/thick profile due to the inflatable design
- If damaged for any reason, they can only be fixed only by replacement
- Made of materials that are inflatable that will wear out in the marine environment, leak, crack, puncture, etc
- Bottom shield can NOT be replaced
- Long ordering/shipping lead time
- Extremely Expensive
BARNACLE BARRIER™ DOES NOT REQUIRE BUILDING PERMITTING
Barnacle Barrier™ does not require any dock side mounting, fabrication, modifying, etc, thus doesn’t fit in any class where building permitting is required. It simply ties to your dock with ropes and floats in the water just like a boat fender/bumper would. Barnacle Barrier™ is not an aesthetic nuisance and is very low profile. Consult your local city hall if you are in question of your local rules.
*If there are any potential limits to the use of Barnacle Barrier™ in your marina, condo, city, etc… Please print the .PDF document below and present it to the proper authorities for approval.